As a vital resource for the entire team, the Executive Assistant (EA) must be an energetic, trust-worthy, dependable, adaptable and forward-thinking team member, who performs with a high degree of accuracy, has the ability to think fast, and is able to work on their own initiative once fully trained. This role requires a nimble mind, a lot of patience and flexibility to accommodate constant change. This role also puts you on the front lines for potential growth within this amazing, fast-growing organization. If you are a go-getter looking for an incredible opportunity to grow into your dream job, this is definitely it.
Reporting to the CEO, the EA will provide professional support to Ginawaydaganuc Village in the following ways:
- Provide administrative and operational support as needed.
- Ability to work both remotely and on site. (GV will provide the tools necessary for you to work remotely) This is especially important as we work towards construction.
- Help keep the CEO and board organized and up-to-date with commitments.
- Organize and carefully check work information to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Manage and monitor calendars and upcoming events.
- Send meeting invitations, book meeting rooms, and arrange for resources or other requirements to support meeting facilitation.
- Compile meeting agendas, attend meetings, take minutes, track motions, compile task lists.
- Plan, coordinate and implement department events, and assist with fundraising events.
- Assist with professional development opportunities, team building, and self-care for the team.
- Make travel arrangements, book flight/hotel reservations as needed.
- Research, write letters, make phone calls.
- Assist with the development and implementation of GV business plans.
- Coordinate training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc.).
- Develop and maintain accurate, well organized, verifiable record systems.
- Ensure business and operational reports, forms, and other documentation, paper or electronic, are readily available and kept up-to-date.
- Writing, editing and dispatching communications (e.g., correspondence, presentations, policies & procedures).
- Answer CEO’s direct phone line, respond to and resolve inquiries.
- Log and ensure that invoices are sent to the Finance Department for payment in adherence with documented processes and guidelines for funder agreements.
- Prepare CEO’s expense claims.
- Ensure operational processes and control standards are followed.
- Take and encourage responsibility to increase sensitivity, awareness, and implementation of cultural and inclusivity teachings and organizational practices in a professional manner.
- Must endeavor to create and maintain a confidential, welcoming, friendly and safe working environment at all times.
- Must have at least three years of relevant experience in an administrative/professional support function, demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- A post-secondary degree (or clear equivalent) in related field of study.
- Competency with standard Microsoft Office products, in particular MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, OneNote, and OneDrive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, collaboration skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to exercise judgment to quickly identify and efficiently solve problems to acceptable standards and company policies.
- Trustworthy, dependable, highly accurate, and ability to work independently.
- Experience working with Indigenous Peoples and Communities is an asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Current Police Record Check required.
- Ontario driver’s license with reliable vehicle required.
Salary will commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter explaining your reasons for wanting to join the Ginawaydaganuc Village team. No phone calls please. Please allow at least a week for a response. All applications will receive a final response.
The future looks bright at Ginawaydaganuc Village!
This project is expected to create over 120+ jobs in tourism and hospitality, retail, administration, construction, maintenance, landscaping, agriculture and much more. We hope to open our doors between 2024-26. If you’d like to be the first person we call for these future opportunities, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’ll also want to stay tuned to what’s happening by signing up for our MAILING LIST.
Here are some of the amazing job opportunities you'll find here:
ANTICIPATED JOB CREATION AT GINAWAYDAGANUC VILLAGE:
VOLUNTEERS/ADVISORY BOARD PLANNING: (approx. 10+ members)
- Creation of sub-committees to oversee construction of the project. Chairs of each committee will report to project manager(s).
- one committee to oversee hiring of project managers, land purchase and development.
- further sub-committees reporting to the project managers for the development of each building's business plan & its programming.
PROFESSIONAL PROJECT MANAGERS (approx. 2+ positions):
- oversee sub-committees, land development & construction of buildings, parking lot and landscaping elements
- oversee setup of retail, academy, restaurant, hotel & Elder's lodge
TEMPORARY/SUBCONTRACT POSITIONS (approx. 30+ positions):
- Construction workers/Finishers
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITIONS (approx. 50-75 positions):
In no particular order:
- Human Resource Manager
- Elders Lodge director and planner
- Marketing, Media and General Events Planner
- Program Coordinators
- Technical ManagersAdvisors
- Retail Managers, production teams, packers and staff
- Restaurant Manager, cooks & staff
- H/Motel Manager & staff
- Academy supervisors & instructors
- Acquisitions Managers
- Accountant & bookkeeping staff
- Security staff
- Groundskeeper & maintenance manager & staff
- Booking staff, R&D, tree planters, and more.